Thursday, June 14, 2012

Opinions About Food: Kinnikinnick Soft Hamburger Buns

Whoa, it has been a really long time since I've polluted the internet with my reviews of food. Wait no more, because I have stuff to say! 


I'm going to warn you that I don't care about bread. Bread is dead to me. Cupcakes are very much alive but bread gets a big ol' whatever. That said, I went to a BBQ recently and the hostess purchased a package of Kinnikinnick Soft Hamburger Buns for me at a local Whole Foods. I was surprised by these buns. I had a gluten-free bun approximately a year ago and it sucked. I wish I could remember what brand it was, because it was crumbly and therefore 100% useless. These Kinnikinnick buns were the opposite of crumbly. So here's the review.


Pros: These Kinnikinnick hamburger buns taste and feel like their over-processed, super-refined glutenous counterparts. They hold up to copious ketchup, and so are useful for picnics and BBQs. They toast nicely, although they are actually really good without toasting. And they freeze well. Oh, and they are standard hamburger bun size, so you're not being cheated out of burger-holding space. Like I said, I don't really care for/about bread anymore, but these were completely functional and impressive for their ability to imitate a regular hamburger bun. 


Cons: Only four per package. This is four times as many buns as I'd ever want at once, but you might want a bigger package if you're going to an all-day event. 


Overall: Bring these along to your next BBQ so you don't have to search for a fork and a plate. Enjoy the free hand that a functional gluten-free bun affords by holding a gluten-free beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment