Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Doctor Is In

This weekend was graduation, which somehow makes my PhD feel more real even though the ink has been dry on the degree since February and the Word document titled "dissertation" has been closed (temporarily) since September. 


Graduation weekend meant lots of preparing meals for other people and eating out, things I don't tend to do often. Mostly I don't do these things because I am lazy. It is very easy to feed myself because I am in control of my food and have low standards. I am happy to report, though, that neither my mother (also a glutard) nor I got poisoned all weekend! We explored a variety of restaurants, from Thai to Mediterranean to American, and although the service was surprisingly poor all weekend, the food was good and free of gluten. So let me remind you that eating out gluten free can be done, it just takes a little investigation up front and clear communication with the restaurant staff. 


Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to take nap #2 for the day after I microwave a batch of poor-itos. I'm living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment