Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Celiac Awareness Month!

May is National Celiac Disease Awareness Month and May 13-19 is National Food Allergy Awareness Week. I recommend celebrating the glutard(s) in your life by making them a safe treat this month. ...I'll be waiting for my next batch of brownie cookies 


To kick off our month, the American Celiac Disease Alliance sent a letter to the government requesting one cohesive labeling policy that would cover goods overseen by both the FDA and the USDA. I would love to see this happen since I've been frustrated many times by unclear labeling... most annoyingly when I am sick. As someone who is quite sensitive to gluten, I'd also love to see more labeling pertaining to foods being processed on equipment shared with gluten. These steps would make it a lot easier for me to make decisions about what I do and do not purchase. 


For more information about food allergies in general, check out the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network



No comments:

Post a Comment