Monday, March 5, 2012

Gluten-Free Cupcakes Win the War!

Kyra Bussanich's gluten-free Closer-themed cupcakes won first place on Food Network's Cupcake Wars! I don't know who she is, what the Closer is, or anything about any Food Network show, but this Celiac.com article says so, so I'm gonna go ahead and believe it.  


This is obviously great new for Kyra, since her bakery, Crave, gets some press and a wad of cash. This is also great news for the great people who make The Closer possible, since they get tasty cop-themed cupcakes. But this is great news for me and everyone else adhering to the gluten-free diet, too, since her cupcakes beat out traditional glutenous cupcakes in the competition. Now people can't just assume that I've lost my ability to distinguish between better and lesser foods because I haven't had gluten in years -- judges from the Food Network also agree that g-free options can be awesome.  


Congrats, Kyra! 

No comments:

Post a Comment