Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Exhaustion and Comfort Food: A Review of EnviroKidz Panda Puffs

I'm exhausted. So much so that I'm too tired to even tell you about it. When I get this worn down, my first instinct is to fill my bed full of comfort food and dive straight in. Two birds with one stone! One dirty, dirty inedible stone that also makes an awful pillow. 


I think I've purchased one box of cereal since developing my gluten allergy in a moment of weakness last summer. It was a box of Fruity Pebbles,* which are like Rice Krispies but neon and frooty.** Rice Krispies are not gluten-free unless you buy the ones specifically marked as such, by the way. The Fruity Pebbles were disappointing in both their frootiness and mooshiness, and then they turned my toothbrush orange just like they did when I was a kid. 


But lately, all I want is cereal. While cereal is actually a lot of effort to prepare, especially in the early morning, this one totally worth it. Panda Puffs are amazetastic! They're clearly labeled as gluten-free, which makes them a no-brainer when I'm standing in the store. They have a pleasant peanut butter taste that plays really nicely with milk. Panda Puffs are kind of like the Reese's Puffs (WARNING WARNING WARNING: that link is obnoxious... proceed at your own risk) but without the ass-nasty aftertaste. Plus, they hold their crispness in milk but don't cut your mouth the way that Cap'n Crunch does.*** 


Long story short, Panda Puffs are a great cereal option for glutards who still have their childhood sweet tooth!


*Totally gluten free, in case you want some!
**The misspelling is to denote the lack of real fruit contribution to the fruitiness.
***I was really into kids' cereal prior to my allergy, in case you couldn't tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment