Tuesday, August 9, 2011

International Adventure Recap

In case you were wondering (and I know you were), I survived my first international food adventure. Montreal was friendly about gluten free accommodations -- I even had dinner at a hypoallergenic restaurant, Zero8. What is a hypoallergenic restaurant? The restaurant didn't serve food with any of the major allergens in it. No wheat, dairy, soy, fish/shellfish, peanuts, nuts, eggs, or sesame seeds. There may not have been allergens, but there were flavors and options! I had a ginger mojito, gluten free poutine (which had smoked duck instead of cheese <-- allergen), a big meal, and even dessert! Yep, more food during one meal that most restaurants even offer. 


Other Montreal highlights:
-Canadian coke, which is made with real sugar, not high fructose corn syrup
-Got to watch my boyfriend eat a Coffee Crisp, which is like a ginormous Kit Kat with coffee creme... chock full of Canadian gluten
-A valet was asked to move a Rolls Royce to make room for my car
-Road signs in French
-LOTS of car time. Lots. 


Since my boyfriend is here, that's all you get from me. See you next week, sportsfans.

No comments:

Post a Comment