Monday, November 14, 2011

Aack! Aack! It's a Busy Bee

I didn't forget about you. I've just been traveling. And working. And night-working. And studying. You're getting this post a day early because I also have a friend coming to town tomorrow and more friends arriving later in the week. Because of that, this is going to function as both last week's and this week's post. 


Being a glutard on a busy schedule can be hard since there aren't nearly as many convenience options available for people following gluten-free diets. The options that are available tend to be expensive and I tend to feel guilty after a few days worth of Amy's/Trader Joe's finest glutard-friendly frozen meals and grocery store sushi. 


After chasing a lunch of grocery store sushi with my 25th consecutive dinner of poor-itos, I realized that I really ought to get better about feeding myself. Normally, I cook a big, well-balanced meal on Sunday and that is enough to cover lunch or dinner for half of the week. I supplement that meal by picking up simple things for the other meals, including salad fixings or sandwich materials. Between traveling, work, and housework, however, I haven't had time to cook anything, and there definitely hasn't been time to plan meals. I could eat pasta or stir fry, but those are not inspiring me. I could eat a bowl of broccoli, but that also isn't particularly inspiring. I could go to Wendy's or Chipotle, but I've been keeping odd hours. So how will I feed myself???


Here's my plan. I haven't field-tested it, so I don't know if it will work. This will be exciting, like an experiment or an adventure! We'll get some new data and analyze it and have some new tidbit of information that will teach us more about how to successfully feed me! 


The Plan:


...


I lied. I don't have a plan. I have nothing to test (and nothing to eat!). Sometimes I don't have energy to divert to cooking and I end up eating bowls of microwaved broccoli for dinner. Anyone want to come over and cook me dinner??? Anyone have any ideas for QUICK gluten-free meals that require little in the way of prep or ingredients? Please feel free to drop suggestions in the comments. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to feed you when I return from London! How about making a comforting fall veggie soup. If you add some milk and blend it, you get cream of ___ soup. Broccoli and cheese soup beats a bowl of mirowaved broccoli anyday, and requires just a tiny bit more work. And there's always my roasted eggplant parmesa: http://perfectrecipeproject.blogspot.com/2011/05/roasted-eggplant-parmesan.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli and cheese soup sounds so good! If I cheat and use Velveeta, it should be quick and easy enough for me to pull off amidst this whirlwind of crazy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete