Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi!

Greetings, interwebs!

My name is Am and I am a glutard.*  

*Glutard is a word I invented as shorthand for 'gluten intolerant', which happens to contain a lot of syllables. It means that my ability to digest gluten is retarded (i.e., slow) and is not meant to be derogatory or insensitive.Other shorthand I should probably define right away: gf and gfree are both words I use to avoid having to type 'gluten free.' I understand the confusion inherent in gf because it also means 'girlfriend' and probably some other stuff, but I don't care. This is my sandbox and I set the rules. :P

Now that that is out of the way, I should explain that I am going to use this space to share my gluten-free adventures (maybe some non-food-related adventures, too). Maybe you'll care, maybe you won't. Maybe I'll entertain you, maybe I won't. This is all a giant trial-and-error experiment, much like leading a gluten-free (or non-gluten-free) life is.

Forthcoming content: discussion of the gfree transition, restaurant and product reviews, and more!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment