Monday, September 17, 2012

Holy September, Batman

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise. I'm just have the most ridiculous work schedule, which prevents me from doing most things, including sleeping. One of the things my work schedule prevents me from doing is grocery shopping. True story: twice in the past month I have had baked beans and string cheese for lunch when left to my own devices. Lucky for me, I now live with my boyfriend, which means that there is someone else around to buy me food so I don't just eat expired things I meant to throw away two weeks ago. This is great because it is one less thing I have to actively worry about, but I still find myself passively worrying that he'll accidentally poison me. (He hasn't yet, but I am a worrier). I am happy to report that he is learning the ins and outs pretty quickly and that I have consumed numerous complete meals thanks to him. My favorite so far has been baked ziti, which he augmented with Italian sausage. I am also happy to report that I worry less with each independent grocery trip he makes. Yay for learning and trust! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of sh*t to do... 

Happy September! May the beginning of fall be filled with pumpkin lattes and cozy hoodies!

PS: Kathleen, I promise I will post the recipes from the Command Center 2012 brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment